Thursday, December 8, 2016

I am new here.



Hey guys!

                So…this is something that I have been contemplating doing for a while. You know, starting a blog that is. So, here I am! Usually I am not one for social media (I know, I’m weird), so I have always wondered why I felt this tug inside me tempting me to share parts of my life on the internet via blogosphere. Several justifiable reasons crept up in my brain over the past year or so telling me things such as, “my parents in law never get to see the grandkids so this would be a good reason to start a blog and share pictures of the kids and all that is going on in their life, or I really love to write but never have much time so perhaps this will be a good outlet for me, or wow! Look at all these mommy bloggers that actually make money off of their blogs. You could be doing the same exact thing!”  However, none of these reasons seemed like something that was important enough to start a blog and I didn’t feel like any of that would be of much interest to anyone in the world. But recently, I have decided to set a goal for the upcoming year 2017 and in order for me to stick to my goal, I figured that if I put my experiment on the internet for all to see then I will be less likely to fail because people will be watching me!
                My goal for 2017 is to go the entire year without eating grains, dairy, red meat, sugar (with the exclusion of fruits), processed foods, and nightshades. The reason I am doing this is because I have Psoriasis and have been doing research for the better part of two years now trying to find a cure without using modern medicine. I want to cure my Psoriasis naturally! Despite what doctors and dermatologists say, I believe that Psoriasis can be cured solely by changing one’s diet, and this is exactly what I plan to do! Ok, so I know there are already a million other food blogs out there and I am not in any way trying to compete with them. I can already tell you that I am not very technically inclined so my pictures may not be the best and this blog may not look as pretty as others, but that’s ok. I am not trying to impress anyone, I am simply using this blog as a place to record my progress for all to see.
                Just for the record, there are others out there that have already done this. I am not doing anything new. This is just going to be my personal experience with this diet and my recording of it. I may include other tidbits about my life throughout, but mainly I will be discussing my diet and whatever progression or retrogression my Psoriasis takes.
                In all honesty, I have no idea how this is going to go and I will just be taking it one day at a time (starting January 1, 2017). I may post updates every week or so. In the meantime, I am just going to figure out this whole blog thing and go from there!
                Anyone else out there have Psoriasis? Have any of you cured it by yourself sans medical intervention?


No comments:

Post a Comment